Project Management Software Alternatives Compared

Compare project management software

Are you trying to make a decision about which project management or collaboration software to use for your business?

We love using Basecamp for its mind-bending simplicity, but it still leaves much to imagination.

So what we did was put the most popular hosted software options under the microscope and compare must-haves and other essential features, such as mobile compatibility, price, and more.

Free Bonus!  Due to this page’s success, we’ve created a comprehensive spreadsheet of the most popular Project Management software which you can view here. We also have a PDF version available for download here.

Here are the contenders:

Listed from most popular to least popular based on Alexa rankings:

• Basecamp –  simple to use and very popular. One of many popular products that fly under the 37 Signals banner. We currently have a Time Doctor integration for Basecamp, which allows managers to accurately track time spent on projects & other tasks, as well as monitoring individual team member’s productivity.
  • Zoho Projects – a wide range of applications available on top of project management including CRM, calendar, chat and a wiki. Over 3 million users.
  • Freshbooks – a very popular invoicing application that includes time tracking, task and project management. Over 2 million users.
  • Central Desktop – 425,000 users, includes real time integration between Microsoft office and the central workspace.
  • Deskaway – includes timesheets, calendar, contacts and a micro-blogging status update feature.
  • Smartsheet – project management, CRM and other features based around using online spreadsheets.
  • 5pm – very colorful interface, and lots of features including time tracking, contacts and an iPhone app.
  • TeamworkPM – includes project tracking, contacts and calendar. We currently have a Time Doctor integration for TeamworkPM users, which allows managers to accurately track time spent on projects & other tasks, as well as monitoring individual team member’s productivity.
  • activeCollab – includes invoicing, time tracking and email reports.
  • Ace Project – some HR and expense management features.
  • Redbooth – includes a twitter style updates feature.
  • Feng office – includes time tracking, calendar and contacts.
  • Huddle – integrates with Microsoft Office so you can save Microsoft files directly to a shared workspace.
  • Comindwork – includes Gantt charts, and a business wiki.
  • Nozbe – project management based around the David Allen “Getting Things Done” methodology.
  • Harvest – focused on invoicing and time tracking, a competitor to Freshbooks.
  • Wrike – some unique features such as the ability to create and update tasks via email and timeline view of project plans.
  • Goplan – includes a twitter like activity stream.
  • EGroupware – consists of multiple installable applications and includes a calendar app, address book, eMail, project management, timesheet and others.
  • Clarizen – many features including budgeting, billing, Gantt charts.
  • Hyperoffice – has a hosted email service and contact management.
  • LiquidPlanner – project scheduling, time tracking and lots of graphs and analysis.
  • Visma Severa – includes CRM and invoicing.
  • Xtrant – is a cloud-based project platform that lets you share files, tasks and conversations in one secure online space to reduce email noise, increase accountability, and keep everyone on the same page.

Plus a few more hopefuls:

TeamWork Live, Nirvana, Intervals, ProWorkflow, Teamly, Glasscubes, Copper, Workspace, Tenrox, Journyx, Clientspot, Vertabase, Celoxis, 24sevenoffice, PlanDone, Teameffect, Attask, Workzone, Proofhub, and CloudBooks

Some notes about this list

This is only about hosted SaaS online project management software.

There are dozens other open source platforms which we didn’t include in this list, especially those that are not hosted (meaning, you have to install the software yourself).

We have also not included products that are more focused on CRM or products that are more of a bug tracker such as JIRA. We also excluded sites that did not have their pricing listed on their sites.

We know that the ranking of sites is not completely accurate, but it’s the best we could find. Compete or Quantcast are other alternatives for ranking sites but we decided to use Alexa.

Finally, here are collaboration tools you can use to manage remote teams.

time tracking software

October 26, 2015 8:49 pm

I have also found a good lead management system .For only one time fee

Nadine Hornby
October 26, 2015 11:26 am

Hi, followed your link from one of you comments on another Blog, mind checking out its what we are currently using and are quite happy with, would be good to see how it measures up.

October 17, 2015 11:56 am

We’ve just officially launched SprintGround!

It is a Task Management and Release Planning specially designed for software development projects!

Would love to see our creation on the comparison list!

Tim Mohr
September 21, 2015 3:23 am

Hi Guys,

We’ve launched a new version of our Project and Resource management software, FoxOMS.

It’s great for tracking resources like people, rooms and equipment. Theres a free 30 day trial as well with no credit card required.

smith steven
September 29, 2015 6:03 am

Problem with this tool is the resource management and tracking time. No straight forward way. Also the top pack does not contain unlimited user feature.
We are using . Take a look, highly recommended.

July 14, 2015 3:28 am

Выражаю благодарность сайту за информацию

May 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Great list, Rob! I have a new release that would be a great addition to this list. :) is a powerful project management software app that provides simple and intuitive user interfaces for collecting textual data, numeric data, single choice answers, multiple choice answers, pictures, video, audio and GPS locations.

May 29, 2015 3:44 am

We would love for you to add our free unlimited project management system to the list so users can compare it. You can see it here

[…] For a more comprehensive list of project management software solutions, check our article here: Project Management Software Alternatives Compared […]

May 20, 2015 10:27 am

I think some of these have fallen by the wayside. If you’re on the lookout for an online workspace solution you could try

May 2, 2015 9:10 am

Although I appreciate the effort involved; which of these offers automated planning (like Liquidplanner)? For me that’s a must-have.

April 29, 2015 11:02 am

Thank you for this great information. This is just great. We are considering Zoho Project (, Plan First by BizFirst and Basecamp ( ). I cant decide which one to go – Zoho has great collaboration features and integration abilities, Plan First has in-depth functionality and super customization ability and Basecamp is well established it cannot go wrong. Any suggestions? I am struggling to pick – I need a lot of status reports to be sent everyday.

April 10, 2015 7:21 am

Great list!. See more (150+) Project Management Software:

April 8, 2015 8:26 pm

Define your operations once and keep reusing across the project- save money & time. we are happy with tasknbill . Try Registering for free trail version of

History Of Project Management Software -
March 27, 2015 2:36 pm

[…] Computer Weekly has a helpful guide in understanding project management software. TimeDoctor lists and compares some of the most popular project management software […]

[…] most business operations from the administrative standpoint are done with the help web based business systems and applications, including project management time tracking software. Rita, a budding virtual assistant, asks why […]

March 25, 2015 7:28 am

Well for Time & Project Management either Cloud or PC, TimeLive is best. It gives you the freedom to evaluate your projects, tasks, employees and their progress with expense without leaving anything behind. Even in office and out office. I am using it for my company for more than 4 yrs and Its online 24/7 support help me whenever I need something new. I recommend

March 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Thats a nice list. One software that is missing here and which is very good is It has a free version for Project management with unlimited internal and external users, workspaces, projects, tasks.

March 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi! Great review! Would like to recommend also our real-time task management and collaboration tool HiveFlux ( Cheers :)

February 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Having tried Clarizen I would offer a word of caution. We found the sales team excellent in making promises but the customer support was unsuccessful in following thru. We got zero ROI with Clarizen.

Kristina Gebert-Kolb
February 11, 2015 1:08 am

I’ve been using Arc 9 to manage all my creative projects, especially ones that require direct client interaction. It’s definitely the easiest platform to use because, it combines all the best features of traditional collaboration software like; basecamp, vimeo, and dropbox, into a single web application.

I love that not only is it great for video (which is nearly impossible to find these days), it handles everything else with ease. You can upload almost any type of image, coding/development script, pdf, text, or file without having to convert them back and forth. I am still most impressed by the features available… Read more »

January 15, 2015 8:24 am

Really great review. I have just found list of top ten project management software and this list is very handy. I’d suggest you guys to have a look at this list.

John Mark
December 23, 2014 6:56 am

I eventually settled on ‘Timely Projects’ and really like it. Intuitive and powerful with all the features I was looking for.

December 15, 2014 5:44 am

We are using for few months and very happy with it. You can try also.

Laurentiu Bancu
November 25, 2014 1:30 pm

If some of you who are looking for an all-in-one solution that offers time tracking, simple project management and invoicing, please take a look at Paymo.

October 23, 2014 12:22 pm

I’m looking for a project management + CRM web/mobile app, maybe similar to asana but with location based task assignment function. Like sending a team to an address with task details. Anyone knows something like that?

October 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Rob, you should also take a look at RationalPlan suite:

It is really easy to use and intuitive. It will help you plan a project in no time.

August 6, 2015 8:18 am

And now there is also RationalPlan Cloud which is online SaaS.

October 22, 2014 9:25 am

I Would like to suggest

October 2, 2014 2:32 am

Looking for an alternative to Basecamp that has all the same features, but also includes dependencies between tasks and the ability to assign tasks to two or more people. Thoughts?

Curt Ward
October 3, 2014 3:17 pm

Check out it is Amazing!!! I am pretty sure it might do what you want.

September 4, 2014 10:49 pm

Your chart is not accurate. For example, smart sheet does have gantt charts.

Curt Ward
October 3, 2014 3:15 pm

Smart sheet DOES HAVE Gantt charts. I know because I have used them. The great thing about them is each individual can have their own and they as PM you can reference theirs so when they update their sheet yours updates automatically. Huge admin load of off updating sheets and keeping them timely and accurate.

Arijit Chatterjee
August 27, 2014 4:57 am

We are using for few months and very happy with it.
You can try also.

Joe Denly
July 31, 2015 11:15 am

Thank you for your suggestion. Its a great tool. Helping me a lot on my projects.

August 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Please consider adding GTDNext ( to your list next time you update this article.

We are fairly new, but working very hard to create the best GTD based task management app on the market. We focus a little more on the advanced user with features like unlimited sub-tasks and automated next action lists and many more advanced features.

Stop by and take a look. It is free to try.

August 15, 2014 9:43 am

ZonderTask is also one of the amazing and efficient tool in the market. You can try if free for the first 20 users. It will really help you manage your tasks and seamlessly work with your team.

August 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks for this compilation of project management tools! Love these products and comparing them. I’d like to throw Centrallo into the mix… Newly released app (in App Store & Android said to be releasing soon) that I’d liken to an Evernote – Dropbox combo…. Worth a look! I have definitely become a convert

December 12, 2014 8:29 pm

2nd for Centrallo!! They officially launched last week, and it’s helped my organize and prioritize dramatically. Can’t recommend it enough.

Toni Thenhausen
August 11, 2014 11:05 am

Velocity ( is designed for the needs of small businesses and freelancers. It provides requirement tracking, creation of quotes and invoices, time tracking and diagramming using

It’s free for a limited time:

July 18, 2014 11:46 am

Nice review, i have been using Eylean for a while and it rabsolutelly fits all my requirements. if you are looking to apply scrum and kanban methodologies, i recommend you look it up

July 11, 2014 12:06 pm

I would like to suggest a new project management software

June 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Give a try to Comindware Project ( ). Project Management software allowing priority-based planning automation, real-time Gantt-chart, resources allocation and a bulk of collaboration options. It delivers less complexity than MS Project, but way more powerful than Basecamp.

June 17, 2014 10:46 am

Great article with extensive list of tools. But I would like to suggest SwiftPPM from Digite, a comprehensive program and project portfolio management solution for an organization. Its rich set of features including task, defect, issue, timesheet, custom reports and many others along with wide integration capability have proved it to be the most worthy among various PM tool.
Visit to learn more !

June 17, 2014 10:41 am

Thank you for the list! However, if some software remains references in terms of project management software, other software have emerged using new technologies. I’m precisely thinking about Beesy for iPad and web. It’s a project management software for small to medium business or individual workers too. It has shared note and shared projects features that enables great communication and automated delegation that homogenize the organization within projects. It is pretty powerful you should have a look at it 😉

June 12, 2014 1:12 am

Wonderful share,but now I am using called Efficient Calendar Network,good project planner can scheduling,assignment,progress tracking,reminder,etc,only need to focus on the project,the software will handle the rest.

[…] roll out a feature for this soon. By the way, if you need more options for project management, hope this list of PMS could help you find a good one to […]

Allie Cook
May 29, 2014 1:17 pm

I would like to vote for proofhub project management software.

May 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Great article! I’m a freelance photographer that prefer to use

[…] are a bunch of great online project management tools to choose from. Basecamp is one of the largest and bills itself as the simplest to use. Asana is a […]

Eva Kiszka
May 5, 2014 1:51 pm

Collabtive is not only available to install on your own server, but also hosted as SAAS.
It’s for SMBs – easy to use, nice to look at.
Features: Projects, Milestones, Task lists, Files, Messages, Email notifications, Role-based permissions …

Eva Kiszka
May 5, 2014 1:52 pm

…and available in more than 35 (!!!) languages…

May 5, 2014 9:58 am

Scopidea project management techniques and project planning tools are useful for managing any tasks in which different outcomes are possible.Scopidea offering great solution about project management tool , project managment , project management software at one place , For more detail visit us @

May 2, 2014 7:15 am

Hey Rob,
Check out Brightpod, a super intuitive pm tool to help teams focus and get things done –

May 1, 2014 2:24 am

This is great. Tried using some of the softwares listed above and I was not disappointed! I also used George’s suggestion and it was good, had no problems with it. Sebastian

Rick Stewart
April 28, 2014 3:17 pm

A very extensive and descriptive list, great job! We also offer a complete timesheet and billing software. It’s also a web-based solution ideal for companies that sell time and it’s also great for freelancers.

April 25, 2014 10:51 am
April 11, 2014 9:21 am

Nice review, my company is in the searching process right now and we have tested most of those in your list. Right now we are on Twproject which is quite impressive, I don’t see it in your list so you may want to check it. It includes time tracking, project planning an bug tracking. In case someone is interested here is the link

David Rogers
April 7, 2014 7:27 am

A very comprehensive list and a great review. I had been an oldie with Wrike, however, with our expanding international teams, i had to shift to 5pm for its flexibility and comprehensive support with Gantt charts. Best
Charted Alliance

Rana Porter
April 3, 2014 6:39 am

Hi, Check another service oogwave, we built for SMBs. Simple to use, easy to adopt. For ideas, files and task collaboration. Available to discuss more anytime. (solution specialist, Oogwave)

March 4, 2014 2:49 pm

Nice review! I would like to suggest another Free online project management and collaboration software called iCoordinator Free. It comes with the project planner, 1 GB free document management area, time tracking, contact management etc. You can read more and register the free online portal here. Hope this helps someone.

Jen O'Halligran
March 2, 2014 8:37 pm

I have been searching for a cost-effective web based solution for a while.

I tried Jira but it as in built ticketing system. Then Redmine – way too much effort to set up. So then I looked at some of the ones listed above. Seems like people confuse task management with real project management. And they confuse a Gantt charts with task management!

Then I tried qdPM based on the recommendation in the comments. Now I moved onto qdPM Extended ( is just about the best one yet. Talk about bang for your buck. This… Read more »

February 17, 2014 10:31 am

Great list of available project Management tool. I would recommend you to add ( ) Project Management tool to this list.

Since a year I am using this tool to manage all my Projects and my teams, It is Awesome tool. go for it.

February 3, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi Rob, Great help and thanks for the effort. Last 6 months I have tried few of them, and few came very close to our requirement. By chance I discovered another great service Oogwave. I will say, perfect replacement for basecamp for me, as we start working on longer and larger projects with clients.

Along with task and communication, best feature I like is file folder sharing structure like Google Drive, making it really easy to store and share files with clients in specific folders.

Trooth Davis
January 27, 2014 12:04 pm

I am unhappy with this list because it does not contain many project management tools like

Shayn Baron
January 6, 2014 10:58 pm

I’d like to add Crocagile to this list. is an agile-inspired workspace that keeps your team together throughout the entire product life-cycle. It’s a mix of collaboration, group chat, file sharing, and agile project management. Croc keeps you out of email, and your team in one place.

Disclaimer: I’m a founder of Crocagile. We’re currently in beta, accepting select teams who are willing to help us fine tune the experience.

January 2, 2014 9:57 am

Really nice list, although I did not see Hub Planner on the list, maybe as it focuses more on Resource Planning and Scheduling. One of the coolest and more modern tools for managing your resources and projects visually. I would consider adding it, otherwise very slick list. I also think Trello should be on there to for task list management….

[…] though. However, if you want to find out more alternatives for these software, I hope this list of project management/task management software will help you decide which tool(s) to use. Reply With […]

September 20, 2013 3:41 am

Also have a look at Psoda ( – it compares very well with all of the tools listed in terms of breath of functionality.

Denis Smith
August 6, 2013 1:42 am

I think infusionsoft is worth mentioning which is customers relations management and email marketing software adopted by thousands of marketers

Simon Fremantle
June 27, 2013 8:27 am

We gave up on MS Project after bashing our heads against it for years. We then tried Basecamp but found it didn’t scale to the sort of complex work we do. Then we found HumanEdj – a Web app for large projects including people from different organizations. Very easy to use but provides the sort of features you get in heavyweight planning apps. You can take part in a project by email which is great if some people in the team don’t want to adopt new tools. Over time you can build up a library… Read more »

June 22, 2013 10:55 pm

This was a good resource for my research paper. I look forward to the advancement of project management especially within game development.

I am wondering though, how does Time Doctor compare to these other products?

Maria Sarramito
June 7, 2013 8:21 pm

This is a very complete list, but you have missed one tool: 10,000ft! It’s a resource planning and project management software to manage people, time and money. You can plan, track and analyse in a very simple and flexible way, while having the key information about the state of your business to make important strategic decisions.

June 6, 2013 10:31 am

Another tool I would like to add is Brightpod ( ). An easy to use project , task management app with bunch of collaboration features specifically for marketing teams. Helps you get the bigger picture when you are working on so many different things.

Aaron Stewart
June 4, 2013 7:03 am

That was an excellent blog. You made some great points.You have given a good information about different time management software. But I would like to recommend I am using it from last 6 months.

June 2, 2013 12:40 pm

Check It’s a visual PM tool with interesting approach: every project there is a simple workflow

July 5, 2013 12:38 am

Thanks Nick, this Casual visual workflow approach to scheduling seems quite original.
I assume there’s no pricing because it’s a Beta.

May 31, 2013 9:09 pm

Good bye, Basecamp! Good bye, Asana and Trello! Let’s say the same to JIRA too. Why?

askcow is on the way.

May 18, 2013 7:32 am

I recomended use free online projects manager

May 8, 2013 8:42 am

Thank for the list! My company is using Teamwork right now. We have adopted it after a long selection period and we are quite happy with that, if you want to take a look here the link:

Steve Brown
May 2, 2013 10:40 am

Wow.!!! What a fantastic information!!!! We are using a tool called it has saved us literally thousands of $. I would like to add this tool to this list. Now a days Project management is playing a great role in all the industries. Because of this Project Management tool will help us to keep tracking on all the projects.

Bob Kozak
April 26, 2013 8:54 pm

I don’t see AtTask which is a SAAS PM tool and rated by Gartner in the upper right quadrant. Has anyone had any experience with AtTask?

Thomas Broad
April 15, 2013 10:49 am

I am using Proofhub since 2 years. Because of its features like time tracking, privacy and inbulit chat helped me a lot to carry out my work. I think that this tool should also be there in your list as it contains amazing collaboration features.

Richard Eggleton
March 11, 2013 8:17 am

It is a nice comprehensive list, but I guess the list is out of date now… Clarizen for example has file/doc sharing, WiKi, Billing, create tasks via e-mail, dependencies, Gantt charts, contacts, iPhone app etc and is cheaper than stated. So the list is quite misleading…

I guess with technology moving on that most of the others might also be out of date, and should have improved over the last few years.

Jamie Germain
March 4, 2013 7:31 pm

Easy Projects is also a great PM tool.

February 25, 2013 5:29 pm

I’m using qdPM. It’s free project management. I’m using it more then 1 year and I like it!

Jeff Dieffenbach
February 12, 2013 2:05 pm

FYI, Clarizen appears to have Gantt charts.

FWIW, I have no connection to them, and haven’t used their software.

Katka Kubova
March 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi guys, great list. I recommend also very useful comparision of web based project managment softwares:

Ravi Ranjan
February 2, 2013 8:25 pm

Please put in further information like open source, language, cloud application, mobile apps, and etc.

Olga Basova
November 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Thank you for including in your post, Rob! Can you please update your Google Doc, since there is some inaccurate info about Wrike? To be more precise – our app has milestones, recurring tasks and Google docs integration, as well as mobile apps for iOS and Android. Thank you!

November 15, 2012 11:24 pm

I’ve used bootcamp before and I believe you can set up recurring tasks. Your chart says “no”.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if any of these solutions offer the ability to track projects and share files – including video files.

November 6, 2012 4:13 pm

Wrike and 5pm are some project management software’s that sound interesting to me, not because they have got free versions, but they are as good as Basecamp. We currently use Replicon.

September 9, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks for sharing! SaaS tools are really helpful for distributed teams like us. We use clockodo ( in addition to JIRA, that combination is perfect for us.

Mara Campbell
August 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Can anyone tell me if any of these software has the following feature: my company provides subtitling services. We have a project with 168 movies to subtitle. I would like to be able to make a list of all the movies and their deadlines and have my team access it so that each subtitler can pick the movies s/he wants to subtitle. Maybe in a calendar format? Ideally, they would auto-assign each job like this in live mode, similar to those systems for purchasing theatre tickets: you see what is available at that time and pick/click what you want. Does… Read more »

Melissa Tafa
August 17, 2012 11:20 am

Just thought I’d throw PlanAnything ( into the mix! 😀

Ben Prendergast
August 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Hey guys, don’t forget to mention our project software tool, Copper Project. Great features and a free 30 day trial!

July 17, 2012 12:17 am

saying freshbooks is “project management” software is exaggeration to the extreme…it does little more than invoicing. Time tracking is limited, you can’t track multiple hourly rates against a total fee budget; either you set the fee and forget about your hours, or you set the hours and forget about more than one hourly rate. You can’t set up multiple tasks with a set fee for each task, something which is fairly critical for project management. No calendar or timelines of any sort, no milestones.

August 1, 2012 10:34 am

Agree that freshbooks is not really project management, so doesn’t exactly fit into the category, but a useful alternative for people interested in invoicing.

July 14, 2012 11:42 am

Great work and compilation !!
I would like to recommend ZilicusPM ( – comprehensive project management software offered by my company.

It is a complete solution that makes project scheduling a easy job with interactive gantt chart, resource manager; Along with project scheduling & tracking, it also offers issue tracker, risk manager, document management, timesheet tracker and google apps integration.

Love to hear what’s your impression.

Anthony B
July 3, 2012 3:00 am

Good post – I thought I would drop a link to our system which you might be interested in. It’s called Hot Project – – we’ve just launched a free basic version with up to 5 users. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Sandra Wuethrich
June 29, 2012 2:44 pm

I am a user of 5PM and noticed some erroneous entries in the comparison table on google doc:

milestones, recurring tasks, invoicing/billing, expense tracking and task dependencies do NOT exist in 5PM.

July 9, 2012 1:55 am

Hi Sandra, you can edit the document:
-if there are specific things you think need changing thanks!

Raphael Sanelli
June 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Great list, I have also tried loads of different alternatives in my days. Today we use [link removed] at work. To me it is the most complete tool. The interface used to be a little ugly but they fixed that a while back, looking great now. So if you are looking for a powerful tool i would highly recommend [link removed] if you just need a simple task management tool i like And if you are just into software devel is nice. is also pretty nifty for agile software devel projects. But all in all i would… Read more »

Sean Owens
June 12, 2012 1:12 pm

We are using a tool called it has saved us literally thousands of euro of otherwise un billed tasks for clients. From task assignment to billing of both the client and invoicing from the resource it allows us to spin many plates and not miss a beat. They do a free signup for 30 tasks to try it out and the best thing, no annoying per seat plans that quickly drive up costs.

Marian Woods
June 8, 2012 2:56 pm

Good list. However I’d like to add one more. ProjectVision is a web-based Portfolio and Project Management Software solution, empowering control and visibility over Business Plans, Strategic Objectives, Programs and Projects.

laurent authier
June 7, 2012 4:39 pm

I would like to add a project management software to your list.
Project Monitor is a french tool for project management published by Virage Group that I know well because I work in this company.
You can manage planning, tasks, ressources and budgets of a set of projects. You can have a global vision of different sets of project.
It’s a powerfull tool very usefull.
This tool supports the English language as well.
You can visit company site for further information:

May 31, 2012 11:55 am

Very extensive List. But I noticed you are missing Clockmeister( on that list.

May 30, 2012 2:23 pm

When will the list of features be updated on the Google doc?
I am noticing that Central Desktop has more features than what you have listed and I know Basecamp has also gone through an overhaul?

June 25, 2012 1:25 pm

The doc can be edited here so if you see anything that is not correct please edit, as long as you keep the same format for the spreadsheet and fill in all data

David Meyers
May 23, 2012 12:15 pm

You should add Comindware to this list too. Great product, very useful and simple in using with alot of their own features. I have been used for about 5 different tools, but stopped on this product. If you haven’t tried it yet – try.

Alden Gannon
April 9, 2012 5:18 pm

Wow, that’s a comprehensive list. I just released a site in this space that takes a different approach. It mashes up a PM system with gaming awards that lets you level up at work. See it here: You see, I’ve used these things for 20 years — long before they arrived on the web — and the one thing that never changes is that they’re boring as watching paint dry and people never use them for long. I’m hoping to change that. Check it out!